These references are endorsed by the NT EPA and provide additional information on environmental protection, including methodology for assessing environmental harm. The references are derived from a variety of sources including national guidelines.
- Australian and New Zealand Environment and Conservation Council & Agriculture and Resource Management Council of Australia and New Zealand. (2000). Australian and New Zealand Guidelines for Fresh and Marine Water Quality. Volumes 1 – 3.
enHealth (formerly National Environmental Health Forum monographs)
- Lock, W. H. (1996). Composite Sampling. National Environmental Health Forum Monographs, Soil Series No.3.
- Department of Health and Ageing & enHealth Council. (2004). Environmental Health Risk Assessment: Guidelines for assessing human health risks from environmental hazards.
- Department of Health and Ageing and enHealth Council. (2005). Management of asbestos in the non-occupational environment.
Australian Government Publications
- Australian Government. (2009). National Assessment Guidelines for Dredging.
- Natural Resource Management Ministerial Council. (2004). Guidelines for Sewerage Systems Biosolids Management.
National Environment Protection and Heritage Council Publications
- National Environment Protection Council (1994).
- National Environment Protection (Assessment of Site Contamination) Measure 1999.
- Schedule A: Recommended general process for assessment of site contamination.
- Schedule B: General guidelines for the assessment of site contamination.
- B1 – Guideline on Investigation Levels for Soil and Groundwater
- B2 – Guideline on Site Characterisation
- B3 – Guideline on Laboratory Analysis of Potentially Contaminated Soils
- B4 – Guideline on Site-Specific Health Risk Assessment Methodology
- B5a – Guideline on Ecological Risk Assessment
- B5b – Guideline on Methodology to Derive Ecological Investigation Levels in Contaminated Soils
- B5c – Guideline of Ecological Investigation Levels for Arsenic, Chromium (III), Copper, DDT, Lead, Naphthalene, Nickel and Zinc
- B6 – Guideline on the Framework for Risk-Based Assessment of Groundwater Contamination
- B7 – Guideline on Derivation of Health-Based Investigation Levels
- B8 – Guideline on Community Engagement and Risk Communication
- B9 – Guideline on Competencies and Acceptance of Environmental Auditors and Related Professionals
National Health and Medical Research Council Publications
- National Health and Medical Research Council & Natural Resource Management Ministerial Council (2011). Australian Drinking Water Guidelines.
Australian Standards commonly referenced
- AS 1940-2004: The storage and handling of flammable and combustible liquids.
- AS 1692-2006: Steel tanks for flammable and combustible liquids.
- AS 4976-2008: The removal and disposal of underground petroleum storage tanks.
- AS 4897-2008: The design, installation and operation of underground petroleum systems (note: this includes aspects of cathodic protection).
- AS/NZS 5667.1:1998: Guidance on the design of sampling programs, sampling techniques and the preservation and handling of samples.
- AS/NZS 5667.4:1998: Guidance on sampling from lakes, natural and man made.
- AS/NZS 5667.6:1998: Guidance on sampling of rivers and streams.
- AS/NZS 5667.9:1998: Guidance on sampling from marine waters.
- AS/NZS 5667.10:1998: Guidance on sampling of waste waters.
- AS/NZS 5667.11:1998: Guidance on sampling of groundwaters.
- AS/NZS 5667.12:1998: Guidance on sampling of bottom sediments.