Make a report

Report a pollution problem or complaint

You can report a pollution problem or complaint through our hotline number or online.

In some cases, we may not be the appropriate agency to help you. View our list of responsible agency contacts PDF (186.6 KB) or refer to contacts listed below.

You can remain anonymous when reporting pollution or lodging a complaint.

However, with no or limited contact information, this may reduce the ability of the NT EPA to investigate the complaint/problem. Remaining anonymous will also prevent us from responding to you on the results of any investigation.

NT EPA pollution hotline

Phone: 1800 064 567

  • Free call 24 hour service
  • In an emergency or life threatening situation, call 000.

Report online

You can report your pollution problem or complaint online via the NT EPA pollution reporting online form.

Reporting contacts

  • Reporting what How to report It
    Major pollution incidents that require urgent attention such as significant illegal dumping, oil spills or fish kills. Please call Pollution Hotline now on 1800 064 567
    Non-urgent environmental pollution problems and complaints such as construction noise affecting you in your home, offensive odours from industry, algal blooms, unreasonable dust, inadequate storage or handling of waste, and visible sheens or discolouration of water ways, contaminated sites etc. Report via one of the following: Online form 
    Post: GPO Box 3675, Darwin NT 0801
    Pollution Hotline: 1800 064 567
    Non-compliance reporting for holders of Waste Discharge Licences, Environment Protection Licences and/or Environment Protection Approvals. Environmental Authorisations
    Phone: 08 8924 4218
    Duty to notify under section 14 of the Waste Management and Pollution Control Act. Pollution Hotline: 1800 064 567
  • Common issues and concerns where NT EPA is not the appropriate responsible agency.

    Issue or concern Contact details
    Agriculture and veterinary chemicals - spray drift Department of Primary Industry and Resources
    Phone: 08 8999 2344 (B/h) / 0448 762 595 (A/h)
    Asbestos - human health issues Department of Health
    Phone: 1800 095 646
    Asbestos - in the workplace NT WorkSafe
    Phone: 1800 019 115
    Fish Kills Department of Primary Industry and Resources
    Phone: 1800 891 136
    Food safety Department of Health
    Phone: 1800 095 646
    Injured marine wildlife Department of Environment and Natural Resources
    Phone: 1800 453 941
    Litter on council land Contact your local council
    Litter on Crown land Land Administration – Crown Land
    Phone: 08 8999 6886
    Noise - civil/private aircraft Air Services Australia
    Phone: 1300 302 240
    Noise - military aircraft Department of Defence
    Phone: 1300 333 362
    Noise - barking dogs, birds Contact your local council
    Noise - domestic arguments
    non-life threatening
    NT Police
    Phone: 131 444
    Noise - excessive vehicle and motorcycle
    Road Safety and Compliance
    Phone: 08 8924 7019
    Noise - licensed venues and patron noise NT Licensing Commission
    Phone: 1800 193 111
    Noise - party noise and anti-social behaviour NT Police, Fire and Emergency Services
    Phone: 131 444
    Noise - vehicle and property alarms NT Police, Fire and Emergency Services
    Phone: 131 444
    Poison Poisons Information Centre
    Phone: 13 11 26
    Sewage Power and Water Corporation
    Phone: 1800 245 090
    Smoky motor vehicles
    Road Safety and Compliance
    Phone: 08 8924 7019

    View a printable version of these contacts PDF (186.6 KB).

See our Reporting pollution brochure PDF (2.4 MB) for further information.

Back to top