The NT EPA may, on its own initiative, or at the request of the Minister, provide advice about:
- achieving appropriate and effective environmental policy and management for the Territory
- legislation related to the environment and its administration
- issues affecting the Territory's capacity to achieve ecologically sustainable development
- emerging environmental issues
- the cumulative impacts of development on the environment
- the environmental quality of the Northern Territory
- any other matter related to the objectives of the NT EPA.
At the request of the Minister, the NT EPA may also provide advice about any proposal, policy, plan or other measure to manage the environmental impact of development on the environment.
Prior to 2013 the NT EPA could also receive requests from members of the public.
Request date: 25 February 2019
View all the Environment Management Plans (EMP) on the Department of Environment and Natural Resources' website.
- Minister's request
- NT EPA Advice to Minister for Environment Management Plans submitted under the Petroleum (Environment) Regulations 2016
- Minister's response – refer to specific projects.
Dates for NT EPA advice and Minister's responses are varied. Refer to specific projects for this information.
NT EPA decision date: 11 May 2020
Request date: 4 May 2012
- Terms of reference
- EPA Interim Report – November 2012
- Draft report: Review of the Seabed mining in the Northern Territory - Environmental impact and management (2020)
Read more information on seabed mining.
Request date: 4 December 2015
Read more information on the review of environmental assessment and approval processes (Hawke II) .
Request date: July 2013
Request date: NT EPA initiated
- Recommendations on the Environmental Assessment and Regulation of Mine Sites
- Environmental Quality Report – Redbank Copper Mine
Response date: 27 February 2015 (Minister's response is not currently available).