The NT EPA invites public comment on the Supplement to the draft environmental impact statement (Supplement) for the Rustlers Roost and Quest 29 Open-Cut Mine Redevelopment submitted by Primary Gold Pty Ltd.
Why we are consulting
Your feedback plays an important role and will be considered by the NT EPA during the environmental impact assessment process, including in deciding whether additional information to the Environmental impact statement (EIS) is required, and in preparing its advice to the NT Minister for the Environment, Climate Change and Water Security about the acceptability of the proposal.
Consultation helps the NT EPA and proponent to identify issues of concern and potential effects, as well as get feedback from stakeholders on project options or potential mitigation measures.
The NT EPA has prepared guidance for making a public submission that outlines when comments will be sought, how to make an effective comment and what will happen to your comment.
Statutory notice (10 October 2022)
The NT EPA invites public comment on the Supplement to the draft EIS (Supplement) for the Rustlers Roost and Quest 29 Open-Cut Mine Redevelopment.
The Supplement documents can be inspected and obtained on this webpage, and at the following locations:
- Department of Environment, Parks and Water Security / NT EPA, 1st Floor, Arnhemica House, 16 Parap Road, Parap
- Department of the Chief Minister and Cabinet, Level 12, NT House, 22 Mitchell Street, Darwin.
- Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade, 3rd Floor, Paspalis Centrepoint, 48 Smith Street Mall, Darwin
- Environment Centre Northern Territory, Unit 3, 98 Woods Street, Darwin
- Northern Land Council, 45 Mitchell Street, Darwin
- Northern Territory Library, Parliament House, Darwin
- Taminmin Community Library, Challoner Circuit, Humpty Doo NT 0836.
Interested persons may make a submission by 28 October 2022. All submissions will be treated as public documents unless confidentiality is requested. The NT EPA publishes this notice in accordance with regulation 139 of the Environment Protection Regulations 2020.
Supplement to the draft EIS documents
|Supplement to the draft EIS||Type|
|Declaration Form||PDF 712.7 KB|
|Supplement to the draft EIS (main document)||PDF 9.4 MB|
For more information about the referral go to the environmental impact assessment register for the Rustlers Roost and Quest 29 Open-Cut Mine Redevelopment | NTEPA.